August 12, 2012

Girls trip to St. Geezy

July was one crazy month.  I'm not quite sure how I survived.  But it sure was full of fun!  One weekend, my mom, sister, and sisters-in-law set of to St. George for a girls only weekend with my mom's twin and her girls.  It was seriously SO MUCH FUN, especially after the week I had had the week before.  That week it just so happened that I had a 12 hour work day, followed by girls camp, followed by work trip to Vegas, followed by speaking in church (that is the majorly condensed version). Yeah - yikes!  Girls camp was a blast.  The rest?  Not so much.  But the great thing is that this girls trip was just what the doctor ordered!
 We set off on our trip after I got off work on Friday.  The first thing on our agenda was meeting the Keate's in Cedar City, where most of the girls would be attending Les Miserables at the Shakespearean Festival.  We ate a yummy dinner at Cafe Rio (one of my favs).  The picture above is of me and Kate, the two who didn't go to the show.  I know, I know,  you're thinking, "how could you miss that?!"  Katie's excuse was legitimate - nursing baby.  My excuse was complicated, and I did keep going back and forth when trying to decide!  But in the end I decided not to go, and it worked out great, because Kate and I just took the car and headed to where we were staying in St. George and got a head start on relaxing :)
 Sweet little Nash :)  This picture is blurry, but he is still so stinking cute!
We stayed at the second home of a friend of my aunts, and it was just perfect!  So nice of her to let us stay there!  When all the girls got back, we spent some time chatting until everyone was just about dead from sleepiness!
The next morning we woke up and hit the neighborhood pool!
It was pretty cloudy, so we were really the only ones there, which was kinda nice.  We talked and laughed, and talked and laughed, and talked and laughed some more!  I'm sure the neighbors all thought we were nuts.  Those Keate girls have so many hilarious stories.  It is so fun to get to spend time with them!
After the pool we ate a yummy lunch at Kneaders and did some shopping!  We quickly followed that with a yummy dinner at 25 Main.  I had a very yummy pizza, mmmm.  I have a hard time passing up a good pizza!
Heather and Me :)
Kate, Nicole, and Mom
Melanie, Kristin, Jolene (mom's twin), and Kimmy

After dinner, we knew we could not possibly miss a chance to go to Nelson's Frozen Custard!  Yes - we ate A LOT!
Just noticed that all of us except Katie were in stripes :)  Too funny.
And then - more chatting before bed :)
We stayed up way to late, and laughed way to hard, and overall it was one amazing weekend!  Hope we can do it again really soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment