January 25, 2013

Hawaii! Day 3: Beautiful Sunday

I thought I didn't have nearly as many pictures for this day as the day before, but I should have known that I was wrong.  Whoops :)
Day 3 was an absolutely gorgeous, and great day.  As I said before, the whole trip I never really did adjust to the time change, and I woke up really early (for me).  This morning I decided that I wanted to go walk around the resort a little more before I got ready for church.  Brig was still sleeping, so I just headed out by myself.  I spent most mornings by myself ;) Sleepy head :)
GORGEOUS morning out on the Lagoon.  That is our building on the right.
 I was the only one down on the beach for awhile.  There were a lot of people up walking, but no one at the lagoon.  It was so peaceful to be down there by myself.  I sat down there for awhile before deciding to go check out another lagoon that I hadn't the day before.  
I am not a morning person AT ALL, but I really do find that mornings are so beautiful sometimes (as long as I am not being forced to wake up, haha).
Mmmm, sand and water :)
 The other lagoon.  Gorgeous.  One thing I forgot to mention about the lagoons is that they were really cool because they were netted off, so that you didn't have to worry about sharks or any really large fish.  I appreciated that :)  I LOVE being in water, but at the same time I am TERRIFIED of large fish/sharks.  The vastness of the ocean also really freaks me out.  We have a serious love/hate relationship, the ocean and I ;)
 So this picture is on the other side of all the foliage that kind of breaks up the resort and the ocean.  I thought it was fascinating!  In all those little crevices in the rocks you could find little crabs and cool things.  I loved watching the waves crash up on the rocks.
Later that morning, after watching some football games (11:00AM games in Utah were at 7:00AM Hawaii time!  So weird!), we were able to go to Church at a building that was about 20 minutes away (or so, don't quite remember).  It was such a fun little ward, and the people there were super welcoming.  Don't remember the name of the ward, or where it was.  But you can bet that my father-in-law knows!  He loves that kind of stuff :)

The view of the ocean from just outside the church house.  Very different from our view at home, haha.

Camera phone picture after church :)

After lunch we decided to head down the lagoon to just do some reading and relaxing.  Well, Brig read, I just relaxed and took pictures ;)  I did take my book down there... just didn't get around to reading it.

I told Brig that if he's going to pull faces like this, then they are going on the blog!
  Afternoon :)  The sun set REALLY early in Hawaii.  That was the only bummer.  But, the sunsets sure were gorgeous!
 Becki came down and joined us :)
My hair was so long.  I only cut 3 inches off in December, but I feel like that's a ton when I look at these!
 More reading... shocker.
 Ugh.  I WANT TO GO BACK!  Can you believe this?!  Pure heaven.  I don't know what else to say.
A smile!  (Don't mind my G's... whoops)
 I'm crying inside looking at this.
 Warm, beautiful, peaceful.  Everything I ever could have imagined it would be!
 This is one of the pools up by our building.  Such a pretty view.
 Later that night after dinner, I decided to go spend some time in the hot tub.  One thing that I forgot to mention, is that Brig got SUPER sun burned on his legs on the FIRST DAY!  Oh the joys of fair skin :) (guess that's what reading will do to ya ;) ).  I will post a picture next time.  Needless to say, the idea of sticking sunburned skin in super hot water didn't sound fun to him.  But I thoroughly enjoyed myself on my own.
 The view of the lagoon from the hot tub.  Again, Heaven.
Day 3 = Success.  Can't wait for day 4!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment