So now you understand why I have so much to blog about. I've decided that rather than trying to cram it all in to one post, I'm going to just take it one event at a time. What will follow will be my attempt to get caught up on blogging while working full time, trying to keep up my house and yard, taking care of dogs and husband, keep up with my shows, getting husband ready for study abroad, getting myself ready for visit to Germany (more on that later!!!!!!!), trying to get back on my workout and eating plan, and editing ALL the family photos that we took while everyone was here for my ENTIRE family. Oh, and I also decided that I want to re-watch as much of Lost as I can while Brig is gone ;). So I'm pretty much booked for the next little while! So lets get on with it!
Tending Nicole's Kids:
Candice and Tyler and their family got here late on the 14th of June. That next weekend, most of my family ran the Wasatch Back Relay (for the billionth year in a row). I had originally planned to do it again, but with my knee problems, running on the asphalt just wasn't going to happen. So instead, I got to tend my sisters kids. And I can tell you, aside from missing out on being with my siblings and parents, I don't feel too bad about not being able to run! I love love love these kids (and ALL of my nieces and nephews), and we had a really great time! Our activities for the two days included:
Candice and Tyler and their family got here late on the 14th of June. That next weekend, most of my family ran the Wasatch Back Relay (for the billionth year in a row). I had originally planned to do it again, but with my knee problems, running on the asphalt just wasn't going to happen. So instead, I got to tend my sisters kids. And I can tell you, aside from missing out on being with my siblings and parents, I don't feel too bad about not being able to run! I love love love these kids (and ALL of my nieces and nephews), and we had a really great time! Our activities for the two days included:
Playing with Toys and watching movies (Gage REALLY wanted me to take a picture of him and this cool "garage" that we built).And LOTS of playing outside and jumping on the tramp. Here we are jumping in the sprinklers:



I really love any time that I get to watch my nieces and nephews. Elliet and Gage were so good to help me out and are so so sweet with their little sister. It was so fun to sing to and rock Charley when it was time for bed. I love that! I just think that it is such a special time to spend with your kids (not that I would know, since I don't have any). Almost makes me want one of my own... almost ;)
The good news is, we all survived! My family survived the race, and me and the kids survived the weekend with very few meltdowns! Always a plus! :)
Up next: Fathers Day! (or Anniversary, whichever I can get to first!)

What cuties. Can't wait for all the posts!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I can't wait to hear more!!
ReplyDelete