June 22, 2012

Women's Tournament

I'm going way out of order here, but what the heck, it's my blog and I'll do what I want with it, right?! ;)  On June 9th I once again played in the annual 6v6 women's soccer tournament.  My friend that usually puts a team together is expecting a baby this fall, so needless to say, she did not put a team in this time.  My sister Nicole and I decided that we would try to round up some girls and put our own team in, but it was much trickier than we'd hoped!  Luckily, another friend of mine who I play futsal with was in the same situation, so we were able to combine teams and it worked out GREAT!  Our team was really random, and nobody really knew each other except me, but everyone was so easy going and fun, we all really had a great time, even though we only won 1 out of 3 games.  3 of the girls on our team had just had babies within the last 3 months, and one of those even had twins!  And they totally killed it!  Me? I had no excuse.  Just getting old I guess ;)  We had some great come backs, and lots of girls on our team had really nice goals!
Our cute team :)  Dani, Cydney, Paige, Kelly, Marissa, Nicole R, Nicole S (hehe), Ann, and Me (Missing: Kristin who had to leave before the 3rd game)!  It was so fun to play with all these girls!  I always look forward to this tournament and hope that I will continue to get invited to play!  I don't know what I would do without these few tournaments every year!  Definitely not ready for my soccer playing days to be over!


No comments:

Post a Comment